So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Kind Of Bed For A Bad Back
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Kind Of Bed For A Bad Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Kind Of Bed For A Bad Back