If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Internet Bed For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Internet Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Internet Bed For Side Sleepers