So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Innerspring Bed For Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Innerspring Bed For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Innerspring Bed For Stomach Sleepers