You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Innerspring Bed For Hot Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Innerspring Bed For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Innerspring Bed For Hot Sleepers