If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Innerspring Bed For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Innerspring Bed For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Innerspring Bed For Back Pain