If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Inexpensive Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Inexpensive Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Inexpensive Bed For Side Sleepers