So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Ikea Bed For Bad Back
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Ikea Bed For Bad Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Ikea Bed For Bad Back