You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For The Money
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Hybrid Bed For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For The Money