So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Stomach Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Stomach Sleepers