So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers 2020
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers 2020 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers 2020