You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Side Sleeper