So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Heavy People
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Heavy People FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Heavy People