If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Back Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Back Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Back Sleepers