You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Hybrid Bed For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Hybrid Bed For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Hybrid Bed For Back Pain