If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best High End Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best High End Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best High End Bed For Side Sleepers