If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Helix Bed For Hot Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Helix Bed For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Helix Bed For Hot Sleepers