So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Heated Bed Pad For Adjustable Bed
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Heated Bed Pad For Adjustable Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Heated Bed Pad For Adjustable Bed