If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Full Size Bed For Teenager
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Full Size Bed For Teenager FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Full Size Bed For Teenager