So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Full Size Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Full Size Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Full Size Bed For Side Sleepers