You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Full Size Bed For Back Pain
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Full Size Bed For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Full Size Bed For Back Pain