If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Full Size Bed For Adults
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Full Size Bed For Adults FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Full Size Bed For Adults