If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Heavy Back Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Heavy Back Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Heavy Back Sleepers