So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Heavy And Light Couple
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Heavy And Light Couple FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Heavy And Light Couple