If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Good Price
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Good Price FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Good Price