If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Front Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Front Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Front Sleepers