If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Floor
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Floor FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Floor