If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Firm And Soft
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Firm And Soft FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Firm And Soft