You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Fibromyalgia Sufferers
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Fibromyalgia Sufferers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Fibromyalgia Sufferers