So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Fibromyalgia And Arthritis
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Fibromyalgia And Arthritis FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Fibromyalgia And Arthritis