If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Fat Side Sleeper
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Fat Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Fat Side Sleeper