You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Fat People
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Fat People FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Fat People