So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Elderly Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Elderly Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Elderly Side Sleeper