So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Ehlers Danlos Syndrome FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Ehlers Danlos Syndrome