You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Different Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Different Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Different Sleepers