You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Couples With Different Weights
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Couples With Different Weights FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Couples With Different Weights