So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Couples With Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Couples With Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Couples With Back Pain