You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Couple
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Couple FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Couple