So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Cooling And Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Cooling And Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Cooling And Back Pain