If you’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Comfortable Sleep
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Comfortable Sleep FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Comfortable Sleep