So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Comfort Sleep
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Comfort Sleep FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Comfort Sleep