If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Chronic Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Chronic Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Chronic Pain