If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Chemically Sensitive
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Chemically Sensitive FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Chemically Sensitive