You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Cervical Spinal Stenosis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Cervical Spinal Stenosis