If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Cervical Pain
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Cervical Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Cervical Pain