So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bunk Beds
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bunk Beds FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bunk Beds