So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Box Spring
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Box Spring FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Box Spring