You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Bigger Guys
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Bigger Guys FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Bigger Guys