You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Big People
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Big People FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Big People