So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Big Man
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Big Man FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Big Man