You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Big Guys
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Big Guys FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Big Guys